Day 1: WHAT A DOOSIE!!!
- Took care of tech, registration, pratice starts, and tires on Friday. I ended up just replacing the 2 front tires – 205/55R15 Federal SS535. The right rear is Dunlop ‘Super Sport’ All-Season, and the left rear is Bridgestone RE-170 All-Season. Yup… gonna get pwn’d!
- Saw the other Sentra entry there – Dennis – Red SpecV SE-R w/ Kumho V710′s… and he was one of the slow G-Stock cars, good lord. Later, in impound, he and another guy noted that I probably belong in H-Stock (slightly better – i.e. I won’t be 2nd to last, but maybe 3rd to last, haha). Turns out, yup, I’m in H Stock, o well.
- From what I remember, the Mini’s were leading the pack w/ 47′s -> 48′s. Dennis got into the 48 range by our 2nd set of runs for the day. I got into the high 54/low 55 range. There was an Acura RSX earlier in the day running a 65 (yay, I beat someone in my class), but he left early. One of the course workers noted the smell of a clutch going out as the RSX passed by on course. My reaction times were not great, but not bad, and at the very least pretty consistent. I was able to keep it at high .6xx -> low .7xx. It seems H-Stock guys were running in the 47-52 range… not much of a difference, haha. Preliminary results here for those who are interested: http://www.scca.com/documents/resultfiles/12314_Preliminary%20Sat-%20ResPr.pdf
- Man it goes by quick -> line up one side, stage, run, then line up other side, stage, run (with a few cars in between)… then rinse & repeat & head to impound for inspection – this is usually for competitors who may want to look @ the other cars to make sure they are w/in spec, & this is how I found out I should be running H-Stock, haha.
- 1 set of runs in the morning (was in the 56-57 range), and 1 set in the afternoon.
- One more day left tomorrow for a final set of runs, then I’m back home for a ceremony thingy.
- Overall, AWESOME LEARNING EXPERIENCE! Everyone was very nice & helpful – no reason to not help the guy about 8-10 seconds slower than you, hee hee. This is way more intense than an autocross practice, and during your heat, even crazier than local championships.
A couple pictures from today as well as videos (click on link for album – first run on the right side has a nice 180 spin half way through, hee hee):